Monday, March 4, 2013

Stepping it up

Well, I'm down to 165.6 lbs, (I started this round at about 178lbs.) 31.9% BodyFat.
That being said, I know I need to get back into working out on a daily basis and the kinds of exercises I like, I can't really do at home right now. I haven't met a deadlift I didn't like, squats are fun and I'm getting into standing presses now.

One of the difficulties I've been having is that the hours I work are right in the middle of the day. It has made it a bit more difficult mentally to get up and go. Today I woke up at 7:40 intending to go to the gym. I made myself breakfast and by the time that was done it was 8:15 and I still wasn't dressed or had lunch packed yet. I figured that would put me leaving about 8:45, arriving at the gym about 9:15 which wouldn't have allowed me to have a full workout. Lesson learned? I need to get up at 7 or have lunch all set the night before.

I didn't just give up though! I chose to do calisthenics. I did not do any cardio as I have a neighbor below me and I imagine she would not appreciate me jumping right above her head at 8am. Here's what I did:

Sit-ups (Feet Anchored)

  • 2 - 20 reps
Close Shoulder Knee-pushups
  • 2 - 20 Reps (Focusing on arm form)
Lunges
  • 2 - 10 Reps per leg

Air Squats

  • 1 - 15 Reps
  • 1 - 20 Reps

Reverse Crunches

  • 2 - 20 Reps

Hanging Leg Ups

  • 1 - 9 Reps
  • 1 - 6 Reps

I need to work on my grip so that I can hang longer and do more Hanging leg ups.


I'll be adding about 200 calories to my diet today to add some fuel. After work I'm going to go buy a cable jump rope, come home and jump rope in the basement.

'Til Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment