Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Update - :(

So I was doing very good going to the gym quite consistently despite my lack of updates on this particular blog. Even set a deadlift personal record of 135lbs. Thursday I woke up with a twinge in my shoulder. I thought it was just tight from working out so I just massaged it and kept going. Friday it was worse and my arm was a bit numb. It felt better Saturday and I had already scheduled a work out with my friend at the Gym. I knew my shoulder was hurt and figured "Hey, I can do a workout without using my shoulder". Apparently, no I can't. I did assisted chinups, bicep curls, dips and heavy bag work. Even running made my shoulder hurt! Sunday it was much worse. I haven't been back to the Gym since Saturday and I'm grumpy. harumph. The shoulder still hurts and in fact is getting a bit worse. Thankfully, I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning bright and early with a sports medicine doctor. I'm not naive enough to think he'll fix it right away but hopefully he can identify the issue and give me a plan to work through it. I must admit it's certainly a struggle to keep up the good eating and frankly making sure I'm eating enough. Gotta keep my metabolism up so I keep losing weight. This incident really strikes the chord on my whole fear of not meeting my goals thing. I feel as though I've fallen short of my goals in life already and exercising, losing weight was one goal I could hold on to. Now it feels like between my ankles and my shoulder it's slipping away. I know it's a bit fatalistic, but at the same time I've never been an optimist. Here's to what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment